At the September DHPT meeting, we started to talk about ways to fund our little group. What's nice about the duties we've charged ourselves with is that it is pretty inexpensive. Unlike the coming Trout Run Trail, we don't need millions of dollars for planning, materials, labor etc. We do however need a few bucks for things like:
- Gas and string to run the weed eaters
- Fuel and maintenance for our chainsaws
- Fuel for the DR Trimmer
- Lumber, screws, nails and bolts for bridges like the ones leading from Death Valley to the Rocky Road
- Small tools and protective equipment like gloves, nippers, safety glasses, rakes, shovels
- Signs to name the trails and to indicate the intended use and restrictions, (Hiking, No Horses)
- Kiosks time and materials, the maps in the Kiosks and the Handouts
- Race Tape, Signs, promotion material, porta-johns, awards, etc.
I'd like to start compensating some of these people. So my question is this: What is your suggestion to fund the above mentioned expenses? Fundraisers, Club Dues, Donation boxes, Park use fees? Please enter a comment with your idea/suggestion.